Terms and Conditions For Accommodation Contracts
(Scope of Application)
- Contracts for Accommodation and related agreements to be entered into between this Ryokan/Hotel and the Guest to be accommodated shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions. Any particulars not provided for herein shall be governed by laws and regulations and/or generally accepted practices.
- In the case when the Ryokan/Hotel has entered into a special contract with the Guest insofar as such special contract does not violate laws and regulations and generally accepted practices, notwithstanding the preceding Paragraph, the special contract shall take precedence over the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
(Application for Accommodation Contracts)
- A Guest who intends to make an application for an Accommodation Contract with the Ryokan/Hotel shall notify the Ryokan/Hotel of the following particulars
- Name of the Guest(s)
- Date of accommodation and estimated time of arrival
- Accommodation Charges (based, as a general rule, on the Basic Accommodation Charges listed in the attached Table No. 1)
- Other particulars as deemed necessary by the Ryokan/Hotel
- In the case when the Guest requests, during his stay, extension of the accommodation beyond the date in Subparagraph (2) of the preceding Paragraph, it shall be regarded as an application for a new Accommodation Contract at the time such request is made.
- When the Guest is a foreign national who does not possess an address in Japan, the Guest must provide his nationality and passport number, in addition to his name, address, occupation, etc., and present both his passport and a photocopy, as stipulated by law. However, if the Guest does not have a photocopy of his passport, the Ryokan/Hotel shall make a photocopy with permission from the Guest.
- When the Ryokan/Hotel requests that an individual who has made an application provide the Ryokan/Hotel with the name(s), address(es), phone number(s), etc. of the Guest(s) who will be staying, such individual who has made the application shall provide this information at once, even if the Accommodation Contract has already been concluded.
- The Ryokan/Hotel may contact the Guest to confirm the reservation, using the contact information provided, on any day before the date of the stay.
(Conclusion of Accommodation Contracts, etc.)
- A Contract for Accommodation shall be deemed to have been concluded when the Ryokan/Hotel has duly accepted the application stipulated in the preceding Article. However, the same shall not apply when it has been proved that the Ryokan/Hotel has not accepted the application. Additionally, in the case of applications made via the Internet, a Contract for Accommodation shall be deemed to have been concluded when the Ryokan/Hotel indicates acceptance of the application stipulated in the preceding Article, either at the time when such is indicated at a URL on the Ryokan/Hotel’s reservation acceptance website on the Internet (hereinafter “the Site”), or at the time when an electronic mail containing a message to such effect arrives at the server managing the electronic mail address provided by the customer.
- When a Contract for Accommodation has been concluded in accordance with the provisions of the preceding Paragraph, the Guest is requested to pay an accommodation deposit fixed by the Ryokan/Hotel, within the limits of Basic Accommodation Charges, covering the Guest's entire period of stay (or 3 days when the period of stay exceeds 3 days) by the date specified by the Ryokan/Hotel.
- The deposit shall be first used for the Total Accommodation Charges to be paid the Guest, then secondly for the cancellation charges under Article and thirdly for the reparations under Article 18 if applicable, and the remainder, if any, shall be refunded at the time of the payment of the Accommodation Charges as stated in Article 12.
- When the Guest has failed to pay the deposit by the date as stipulated in Paragraph 2, the Ryokan/Hotel shall treat the Accommodation Contract as invalid. However, the same shall apply only in the case when the Guest is thus informed by the Ryokan/Hotel when the period of payment of the deposit is specified.
- When the Ryokan/Hotel indicates an erroneous Accommodation Charge, and an application for accommodation is made based on such Accommodation Charge, and the Ryokan/Hotel approves such application, if such Accommodation Charge is significantly lower than those for the preceding and following dates, unless there is a reason indicated for the lower Accommodation Charge (such as “limited,” “special,” “promotion,” etc.), then the Ryokan/Hotel’s approval shall be deemed a mistake under the Civil Code, and the Contract for Accommodation shall be declared invalid, and the Ryokan/Hotel shall promptly notify the applicant to such effect.
(Special Contracts Requiring No Accommodation Deposit)
- Notwithstanding the provisions of Paragraph 2 of the preceding Article, the Ryokan/Hotel may enter into a special contract requiring no accommodation deposit after the Contract has been concluded, as stipulated in the same Paragraph.
- In the case when the Ryokan/Hotel has not requested the payment of the deposit as stipulated in Paragraph 2 of the preceding Article and/or has not specified the date of the payment of the deposit at the time the application for an Accommodation Contract has been accepted, it shall be construed as that the Ryokan/Hotel has accepted a special contract as prescribed in the preceding Paragraph.
(Refusal of Accommodation Contracts)
- The Ryokan/Hotel may refuse to accept the conclusion of an Accommodation Contract under any of the following cases:
- When the application for accommodation does not conform with the provisions of these Terms and Conditions
- When the Ryokan/Hotel is fully booked and no room is available
- When the Guest seeking accommodation is deemed liable to conduct himself in a manner that will contravene laws, or act against public order and good morals in regard to his accommodation
- When the Guest seeking accommodation creates a significant inconvenience to other guests through his speech and/or actions
- When the Guest seeking accommodation can be clearly deemed to be carrying an infectious disease
- When the Ryokan/Hotel is requested to assume an unreasonable burden in regard to his accommodation
- When the Ryokan/Hotel is unable to provide accommodation due to natural calamities, disfunction of the facilities and/or other unavoidable causes
- When the provisions of Article 12 of Metropolitan/Prefectural Ordinance are applicable
- When the Guest seeking accommodation has concealed his own commercial intent in making the application
(Right to Cancel Accommodation Contracts by the Guest)
- The Guest is entitled to cancel the Accommodation Contract by so notifying the Ryokan/Hotel.
- In the case when the Guest has cancelled the Accommodation Contract in whole or in part, the Guest shall pay cancellation charges as listed in the Attached Table No. 2. However, this shall apply only when an application as prescribed in Paragraph 1 of Article 3 is accepted by the Ryokan/Hotel, and when the Guest is informed of his obligation to pay cancellation charges in the event that the Accommodation Contract is cancelled by the Guest.
- In the case when the Guest does not arrive by 8 p.m. of the accommodation date (or 2 hours after the expected time of arrival if the Ryokan/Hotel has been notified of it) without advance notice, the Ryokan/Hotel may regard the Accommodation Contract as being cancelled by the Guest.
(Right to Cancel Accommodation Contracts by the Ryokan/Hotel)
- The Ryokan/Hotel may cancel the Accommodation Contract under any of the following cases:
- When the Guest is deemed liable to conduct and/or have conducted himself in a manner that will contravene laws, or act against the public order and good morals in regard to his accommodation
- When the Guest has caused a significant inconvenience to other guests through his speech and/or actions
- When the Guest can be clearly deemed to be carrying an infectious disease
- When the Ryokan/Hotel is requested to assume an unreasonable burden in regard to his accommodation
- When the Guest is deemed to be disturbing peaceful order at the Ryokan/Hotel by making complaints or demands without reasonable grounds, etc.
- When the Ryokan/Hotel in unable to provide accommodation due to natural calamities and/or other causes of force majeure
- When the provisions of Article 12 of the Ishikawa Metropolitan Ordinance are applicable
- When the Guest does not observe prohibitions against actions such as smoking in bed, tampering with fire-fighting equipment, or other prohibitions of the Use Regulations stipulated by the Ryokan Hotel (restricted to particulars deemed necessary in order to avoid causing fires)
- When the Guest otherwise does not comply with the stipulated purpose of use of the Ryokan/Hotel
- When the Guest seeking accommodation has concealed his own commercial interest in making the application
- When the Guest otherwise does not comply with these Terms and Conditions, or when the individual who has made the application does not promptly reply to a request that is made in accordance with Article 2, Paragraph 4 by the Ryokan/Hotel.
- In the case when the Ryokan/Hotel has cancelled the Accommodation Contract in accordance with the preceding Paragraph, the Ryokan/Hotel shall not be entitled to charge the Guest for any of the services which he has not received, such as accommodations. However, in the case of reasons other than item 6 of the preceding Paragraph, the Ryokan/Hotel shall charge the Guest a penalty fee equivalent to the cost of the services which he has not yet received. In this case, this shall not prevent charges based on Article 18.
- The Guest shall register the following particulars at the front desk of the Ryokan/Hotel on the day of accommodation:
- Name, age, sex, address, and occupation of the Guest(s);
- When the Guest is a foreign national, passport number, and port and date of entry in Japan
- Date and estimated time of departure
- Other particulars deemed necessary by the Ryokan/Hotel
- When the Guest is a foreign national who does not possess an address in Japan, the Ryokan/Hotel shall make a photocopy of his passport.
- In the case when the Guest intends to pay his Accommodation Charges prescribed in Article 12 by any means other than Japanese currency, such as traveler's cheques, coupons, or credit cards, these credentials shall be shown in advance at the time of the registration prescribed in the preceding Paragraph.
(Occupancy Hours of Guest Rooms)
- The Guest is entitled to occupy the contracted guest room in the Ryokan/Hotel from 3 p.m. to 10 a.m. the next morning. However, in the case when the Guest is accommodated for multiple subsequent nights, the Guest may occupy it all day long, except for the days of arrival and departure.
- The Ryokan/Hotel may, notwithstanding the provisions prescribed in the preceding Paragraph, permit the Guest to occupy the room beyond the time prescribed in the same Paragraph. In this case, extra charges shall be paid as follows:
- Through 12:00: 30% of Room charge
- Through 15:00: 50% of Room charge
- Beyond 15:00: 100% of Room charge
- The Room charge in the preceding Paragraph shall be equivalent to 80% of the Basic Accommodation Charge.
(Observance of Use Regulations)
- The Guest shall observe the Use Regulation established by the Ryokan/Hotel, which are posted within the premises of the Ryokan/Hotel.
- The business hours of the main facilities, etc. of the Ryokan/Hotel are as follows, and details regarding those of other facilities, etc. shall be indicated through brochures provided, notices displayed in each place, service directories in guest rooms, etc.
- Service hours of front desk, cashier's desk, etc.
- Curfew: None
- Front desk services: 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Service hours for dining, drinking, etc. (facilities)
- Restaurant “Hananoren”: 8:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- Club “Kiraboshi”: 8:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- Karaoke rooms: 8:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- Gallery Lounge “Yunohana” (café lounge): 7:00 a.m. to 5:45 p.m.
- Garden Hall Hakuun: 8:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. (open irregularly)
- Beauty salon, massage, and other relaxation facilities: 4:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. to 0:00 midnight
- Other dining, drinking, etc. indicated separately.
- Service hours of front desk, cashier's desk, etc.
- The business hours specified in the preceding paragraph are subject to temporary changes due to necessity or unavoidable causes. They are also subject to temporary closures. In such a case, the Guest shall be informed by appropriate means (such as the website or the front desk).
(Payment of Accommodation Charges)
- The breakdown of the Accommodation Charges, etc. that the Guest shall pay is as listed in the attached Table No. 1.
- Accommodation Charges. etc. as stated in the preceding Paragraph shall be paid with Japanese currency, or by means other than Japanese currency such as traveler's cheques, coupons, or credit cards recognized by the Ryokan/Hotel, at the front desk, at the time of the departure of the Guest, or upon request by the Ryokan/Hotel.
- Accommodation Charges shall be paid even if the Guest voluntarily does not utilize the accommodation facilities which have been provided for him by the Ryokan/Hotel and which are at his disposal.
(Liabilities of the Ryokan/Hotel)
- The Ryokan/Hotel shall compensate the Guest for damage if the Ryokan/Hotel has caused damage to the Guest in the fulfillment or the non-fulfilment of the Accommodation Contract and/or related agreements. However, the same shall not apply in cases when such damage has been caused due to reasons for which the Ryokan/Hotel is not liable.
- Though the Ryokan/Hotel has received the PASS MARK (a certification of excellent fire prevention standard issued by the fire department), the Ryokan/Hotel is additionally covered by Ryokan/Hotel liability insurance in order to deal with unexpected fires and/or other disasters.
(Handling of Inability to Provide Contracted Rooms)
- The Ryokan/Hotel shall, when unable to provide contracted rooms, arrange accommodation of the same standard elsewhere for the Guest insofar as practicable, with the consent of the Guest.
- When arrangement of other accommodation cannot be made, notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding Paragraph, the Ryokan/Hotel shall pay the Guest a compensation fee equivalent to the cancellation charges, and the compensation fee shall be applied to the reparations. However, when the Ryokan/Hotel cannot provide accommodation due to causes for which the Ryokan/Hotel is not liable, the Ryokan/Hotel shall not compensate the Guest.
(Handling of Deposited Articles)
- The Ryokan/Hotel shall compensate the Guest for damage when loss, breakage, or other damage is caused to goods, cash, or valuables deposited at the front desk by the Guest, except in the case when this has occurred due to causes of force majeure. However, when the Ryokan/Hotel has requested the Guest to report the kind and value of cash and/or valuables but the Guest has failed to do so, the Ryokan/Hotel shall compensate the Guest within the limit of 150,000 yen.
- The Ryokan/Hotel shall compensate the Guest for damage when loss, breakage, or other damage is caused, through intention or negligence on the part of the Ryokan/Hotel, to goods, cash, or valuables which are brought into the premises of the Ryokan/Hotel by the Guest but which are not deposited at the front desk. However, for articles of which the kind and value have not been reported in advance by the Guest, except in cases of damage caused through intention or gross negligence on the part of the Ryokan/Hotel, the Ryokan/Hotel shall compensate the Guest within the limit of 150,000 yen.
(Custody of Baggage and/or Belongings of the Guest)
- When the baggage of the Guest is brought into the Ryokan/Hotel before his arrival, the Ryokan/Hotel shall be liable to keep it only in the case when such a request has been accepted by the Ryokan/Hotel. The baggage shall be handed over to the Guest at the front desk at the time of his check-in. However, the Ryokan/Hotel shall not accept custody of ¥1,000,000 or more in cash, nor baggage with a market value equivalent to ¥1,000,000 or more.
- When baggage or belongings of the Guest are found to be left behind after his check-out, and the ownership of the article is confirmed, the Ryokan/Hotel shall inform the owner of the article(s) left behind and ask for further instructions. When no instruction is given to the Ryokan/Hotel by the owner, or when the ownership is not confirmed, the Ryokan/Hotel shall keep the article for 7 days, including the day on which it is found, and after this period, the Ryokan/Hotel shall turn it over to the nearest police station.
- The Ryokan/Hotel's liability in regard to the custody of the Guest's baggage and belongings in the case of the preceding two Paragraphs shall be assumed in accordance with the provisions of Paragraph 1 of the Preceding Article in the case of Paragraph 1, and in accordance with the provisions of Paragraph 2 of the same Article in the case of Paragraph 2.
- The Ryokan/Hotel shall not be liable for the following, even when the Ryokan/Hotel would otherwise be liable for damage under Paragraphs 1 and 2:
- Manuscripts, design documents, illustrations, ledgers, and other similar items (including items recorded onto recording media that can be directly processed by information devices (computers, computer terminal devices, etc. and related devices), such as magnetic tape, magnetic disks, CD-ROMs, optical discs, etc.)
(Liability in Regard to Parking)
- The Ryokan/Hotel shall not be liable for the custody of the vehicle of the Guest when the Guest utilizes the parking lot within the premises of the Ryokan/Hotel, as it shall be regarded that the Ryokan/Hotel simply offers the space for parking, whether the key to the vehicle has been deposited with the Ryokan/Hotel or not. However, the Ryokan/Hotel shall compensate the Guest for any damage caused through intention or negligence on the part of the Ryokan/Hotel in regard to the management of the parking lot.
(Liability of the Guest)
- The Guest shall compensate the Ryokan/Hotel for any damage caused through intention or negligence on the part of the Guest.
- To facilitate smooth receipt of accommodation service based on the Accommodation Contract, in the event that the Guest recognizes that the accommodation services offered differ from as provided for in the Accommodation Contract, the Guest must promptly notify the Ryokan/Hotel to such effect.
- In the event that the Guest fails to fulfill his financial obligations according to the Accommodation Contract, the Ryokan/Hotel may demand payment from the Guest with a late payment penalty of 14.6% annual rate.
(Agreement Jurisdictional Court and Governing Law)
- Any litigation between the Ryokan/Hotel and the Guest regarding the Accommodation Contract shall be governed by the laws of Japan, and the Kanazawa District Court or the Komatsu Summary Court, under whose jurisdiction the Ryokan/Hotel’s location falls, shall have exclusive primary jurisdiction with respect to all disputes arising with respect thereto.
Attached Table No. 1: Calculation Method for Accommodation Charges (Ref. Paragraph 1. of Article 2 and Paragraph 1 of Article 12)
|Total Amount to be paid by the Guest||Accommodation
- Basic Accommodation Charge is in accordance with price lists at front desk or in guest rooms.
- A child charge of 70% of the adult charge applies for children 6–12 years of age, and shall be required when meals and bedding comparable to those for an adult are provided to such children, or 50% when children’s meals and bedding are provided.
- When bedding is provided for a child who is 2–5 years of age, a facility usage charge and bedding charge totaling ¥3,850 (including tax) shall apply. (¥4,950 (including tax) during the summer breakfast buffet period.)
- When neither breakfast nor bedding is necessary for a child who is 2–5 years of age, a facility usage charge (including yukata rental) of ¥2,200 (including tax) shall apply. (¥3,300 (including tax) during the summer breakfast buffet period.)
Attached Table No. 2: Cancellation Charges (Ref. Paragraph 2 of Article 6)
of Contact is
|1 to 14||100%||100%||50%||30%||30%|
|15 to 30||100%||100%||50%||30%||30%||30%|
|31 to 100||100%||100%||80%||50%||50%||50%||20%||20%||10%||10%|
|101 and more||100%||100%||80%||50%||50%||50%||30%||30%||15%||15%||10%||10%|
- The percentages signifies the cancellation charge relative to the Basic Accommodation Charges.
- When the number of days contracted is shortened, the cancellation charge for its first day shall be paid by the Guest regardless of the number of days by which it is shortened.
- When part of a group booking (15 or more Guests) is cancelled, if the date on which the cancellation occurs is at least 10 days prior to the accommodation (or, if the application date is less than 10 days prior to the accommodation, on said application date), no cancellation charge shall be charged for a number of Guests equivalent to 10% of the total number of Guests (with fractions rounded up).
- For reservations of the entire Ryokan/Hotel, a portion of the Ryokan/Hotel, or entire floor(s), the Ryokan/Hotel may exchange a memorandum with the reservation applicant regarding separate cancellation charges.